Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Congratulations, Toro Stroller!

I may not enjoy tooting my own horn (okay, okay of course I do...) but back in June I predicted that Micralite's Toro Stroller was on the verge of stroller stardome here in the States.

And guess what I found out today? Consumer Reports recently rated the Toro as the #1 luxury (re: over $300) stroller! That means it had the best overall rating despite stiff competition from Bugaboo's Bee and Frog strollers, Peg Perego's Pliko P3, and Stokke's Xplory.

And in case you're wondering, the results were as follows: Toro, Bee, Pliko P3, Xplory, and finally Frog.

The strollers are rated in 4 categories: Durability, Manueverability, Safety, and Ease of Use. My favorite is manueverability because apparently trained staffers test the strollers by taking them through S turns, cones and dirt trails among other obstacles and this sound like it could possibly be my dream job (call me!). The Toro was rated as Excellent in every category except for ease of use, for which it was given a Very Good.

Congratulations, Toro! I suggest you introduce yourself to this hot British import at Strollers.com.

No comments: