Monday, March 16, 2009

Stroller Spotting: A 2009 Bumbleride Indie Twin Stroller!

Yesterday while my husband and I were driving up to Portsmouth, NH to see my twin sis and his brother (yes, they are married), I nearly made my husband drive off the road when I gasped. The reason for the outburst was the cheerful Spice Orange and turquoise of a 2009 Bumbleride Indie Twin Stroller.

This is a seriously striking stroller in person. The design looks modern and fun, especially thanks to the unique color palate. Bumbleride claims you can 'glide through doorways' with this side by side stroller since it's only 29 inches wide and I have to agree. Granted, I saw the stroller on a decidedly doorless sidewalk but it was narrow for a twin side by side stroller.

This stroller has plenty of other great features. It can be used from infancy up through 45 lbs per child--a total of 90 lbs. So it's great for parents of twins or parents with two young kids. Just keep in mind that it only takes one car seat at a time so if you are a parent of twins and looking for a stroller that can take two car seats at once, then this won't work for you. But since it has a complete recline, it's still safe for twin newborns to ride. Infant headrests and shoulder pads keep babies snug.

In case you're wondering, this stroller accepts the following car seats: Graco's Snugride, Snugride 32, or Safeseat; Chicco's Keyfit or Keyfit 30; Peg Perego's Primo Viaggio SIP, and Maxi Cosi's Mico.

The seats can be adjusted totally independent of each other, a twin stroller feature I really like. Adjust the recline, the canopy, and the footrests to fit each child's size, age, and preference.

The 12" air-inflated tires feature a dual 360° swiveling front wheel with inline locking option. This makes it a great stroller for rougher terrain--great for parents who like to take the kids out on the trails. Plus, the handlebar is adjustable and there's a carrying strap for when the stroller is folded. And at 34 lbs it's light for a double stroller!
Take a closer look at the Bumbleride 2009 Twin Indie Double Stroller at Strollers.com. Got any questions about this stroller? Send them my way either in the comments or by email!

(3.27.09 Edit: After a helpful comment from Michelle regarding my image, which was for the 2008 model, I decided to change my image to include both the 2008 and 2009 models so you can see the difference. Hope that helps! And special thanks again to Michelle for pointing out my mistake!)

2 comments:

Michelle said...

We just got a 2009 Indie twin in Spice and LOVE it! But just so you know - the picture you have posted is of a 2008 model!

Mother Goose said...

Whoops! Good catch, Michelle. For those who want to see the 2009 version, check it out here: http://www.strollers.com/Bumbleride-IT-108SP-BV1212.html.

I'm glad you love it! And Thanks for the correction!