Monday, August 4, 2008

UPPAbaby is Moving Up in the Stroller World

Several months ago a rep from UPPAbaby came in to show us the Vista Stroller. I'll admit, when I first saw it I thought, "It's a Bugaboo copy." But by the end of the presentation and after playing with the Vista myself, I realized how wrong I was. I also found a new place in my heart for UPPAbaby, right next to Bugaboo.(Apparently there's always room for a new stroller in my heart.)

Uppa Baby describes the Vista Stroller as, "50% sports car, 50% super-utility vehicle and 100% performance." That's a pretty accurate summary. This stroller is all about comfort and performance--even if it takes up a lot of space on the road. It's like that sleek black SUV that you see around town. Just be grateful it doesn't run on gas.

At just over 24 lbs it's not exactly lightweight. For reference, the Bugaboo Cameleon weighs 20 lbs. But this is one smooth ride. Having pushed it myself, I can tell you that as long as you don't have to lug it up and down a flight of stairs on a regular basis, you won't notice the weight. Its fully welded and formed frame reduces the use of plastic so you get more responsive control. With the slightest touch you can manuever this stroller anywhere. And you can go anywhere you want thanks to its category-leading rear wheel width and contact area, which allows you to conquer sand, dirt and snow with ease. And thanks to the rubber-like TPR tires stretched over EVA foam, you don't have to worry about getting a flat.

The stroller, includes a chic bassinet and stroller seat. The bassinet accomodates children up to 20 lbs and has a really snuggly soft lining. It also features a four-season reversible mattress pad, water resistant mattress, removable and washable mattress liner, and bassinet cover.

The seat accomodates children up to 50 lbs and includes a mesh sun and bug cover and a canopy. You can switch between the two easily, with no fabric swapping required. Seat attachment indicators change color to let you know when you've done it correctly. It's surprisingly easy--I got it on the first try, which is no small feat for me!

This single stroller is perfect for suburban moms. It's sleek and smooth and stylish. Take a look at all the color options and learn more about the Vista Stroller at Strollers.com.

Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: