Thursday, July 2, 2009

This Is How You Say Good Bye

I don't know how to write this post.

I've been praciticing it in my head for two weeks now because I knew it was coming. I gave my two weeks notice but I was in denial. I thought I could still blog for you. I can't. Given my recent poll and what you would like to see from SOS, however, I think this is for the best. I've taken the SOS as far as I can, now it's time for it to move on without me. So I have to say good bye.

I didn't know I was going to get so emotional about this. My nose gets red and my face gets splotchy when I cry, so it's something I avoid doing in public at all cost. I nearly gave myself a migraine holding in the tears the first time I saw Titantic (come on, admit it. You cried, too.). So the fact that my eyesight is a little blurry right now should be an indication of how hard this is for me and how much you mean to me.

I've really really enjoyed being the President of the Stroller Obsessed Support Group. It's introduced me to so many wonderful people and babies and strollers. I loved writing for you and to you, and I loved learning more about you and your families and your lives. It's been a real honor.

Until now I've kept my personal life and my professional life separate, however, I do have a personal blog and twitter account. If you're interested in getting to know the rest of me, you can at my blog The Charmed Bracelet. Be forewarned: I don't run giveaways and I don't talk about strollers (not on a regular basis, anyway). I know. Soooo lame. But I do talk about writing. One thing I write is children's books. So in parting, here's an illustration that my twin sis did for our as yet unpublished book Howie the Goose.
If you're so inclined, you can also follow me on twitter @JenniferWriter. Yes, Jennifer is my real name.

Good bye, everyone. Thank you for being so warm and wonderful, so funny and real. I will miss you all.

Now if you'll excuse me, I feel a migraine coming on...

6 comments:

candace said...

well this just sucks! We will miss you MG, but I will stay connected to the REAL you!

Ammieloris said...

Goodbye. Thanks for the fun times. :)

Under this Umbrella said...

WHAT?????? I can't believe this is happening! I know I have been out of the loop for a few days with the move and all, but this is too much! AHHHHHH! I will definitely keep up with the real you and we can be friends that way.

Thanks for all you have done! What a great thing you started!

Anonymous said...

Sad to see you going! I've enjoyed your blog posts!

I LOVE that picture though, and I can't wait to catch up on your real life blog!

a. said...

I wasn't a follower of this blog and got here by accident (I don't even have kids!) but I worked in publishing and LOVE books so I will def. tune in to your personal blog. LOVE the illustration - it's FABULOUS!

Momma Blogga said...

Hi everyone! This is Mother Goose aka Jennifer and I just wanted to say thank you for all of your kind words. I'll miss you! Keep in touch xoxox